Kubuntu 12.04 LTS (Precise Pangolin)
- On April 26, 2012, Kubuntu 12.04 LTS was released.
- It is codenamed Precise Pangolin and is the successor to Oneiric Ocelot 11.10 (Oneiric+1).
- Precise Pangolin is an LTS (Long Term Support) release. It will be supported with security updates for both the desktop and server versions until April 2017.
Afrikaans • عربي -قيد التحرير- • বাংলা (Bengali) • Български • Català • 简体中文 (翻译中) • Česky • Dansk • Deutsch • Español • English • Estonian • Filipino • Français • Ελληνικά • Kurdî• Lietuviškai• Latviešu • हिंदी (Hindi) • Indonesian • Magyarra • Melayu • Italiano • 日本語 (翻訳中) • Қазақша • 한국어 • ລາວ • नेपाली • Nederlands • Norsk • Русский • Română • Suomi • தமிழ் (Tamil) • Türkçe • Svenska • සිංහල • Slovak • فارسی • עברית • پښتو • ไทย • Polski • Português • Português do Brasil • Shqip • Slovenski • Srpski • 繁體中文 (Traditional Chinese) • Українська • اُردو • Việt • Ubuntu language pages • Ubuntu Translators
Public Service Announcement
- Support Earth Day all year long and do your part to reduce energy consumption (and CO2 emissions) and help reduce the rate of global warming. Perhaps consider a low-power computer, such as those from Aleutia or Fit-PC. Maybe browse a news website dedicated to energy efficiency, such as Enviornmental Leader...
... and plant some trees.
- In the United States, two legislative bills, SOPA and PIPA, were defeated after close examination and widespread public outcry against them. In response, a new legislative bill with even more ominous consequences to the usage and functioning of the Internet, CISPA, has been drafted. This bill allows Big Brother monitoring of every citizen not only by government but also by private agencies. If you are a US citizen, review the implications of this bill and write to your congressperson about the unnecessarily broad and intrusive nature of this bill. Hopefully your representative has more than a 6th-grade education (if you live in Michigan you may be out of luck).