Kubuntu Saucy Reviews
Revision as of 16:11, 1 November 2013 by Perspectoff
If you have Kubuntu requests that you would like to be part of this guide, put them here.
- Where do I get the plasmoid with the lizard sizzling in the soup? I understand that this widget is only available for Kubuntu Saucy Salamander...
- "No, that is a cross between a plasmoid and a widget, called a phidget. Phidgets seem to move around the desktop far too quickly." --perspectoff
- I want to use the miniature version of a widget. Is that available?
- "Yes, the mini widget is called a midget." --perspectoff
- Please speed up Kubuntuguide and/or create a mirror. I love it!
- "Hey, throw me a bone here. It costs money for bandwidth, you know..."
- The current sponsor of Kubuntu is Blue Systems (for versions Quantal Quetzal 12.10 and later).
- How can I sponsor Ubuntuguide/Kubuntuguide?
- Linuxed's "non-techie" review of Kubuntu Saucy Salamander 13.10
- Perspectoff's review of Kubuntu Saucy Salamander 13.10
Other operating systems similar to Kubuntu
- Netrunner is a Linux OS that is based on Kubuntu (but with many of the applications recommended in Kubuntuguide incorporated into it). It is also sponsored by Blue Systems.
- Linux Mint KDE 16 is a KDE-based Linux OS similar to Kubuntu Saucy.
Import this guide into another wiki
- How do I import a copy of Kubuntuguide into my own wiki?
- See this page.
eBook version of this guide
- See the Books Category for free Kubuntu eBooks based on this help guide.
- There is an option in the menu bar at the left entitled "Printable version" which formats pages for easier printing. You can print this (or any other document) to a PDF file easily. By default, Kubuntu includes a "Print to File" option from its Print menu. Use this option to print anything appearing in your browser into a PDF file. From Firefox (or any other browser or program):
- File -> Print -> Print to File -> Output Format: PDF