How to determine which version of Kubuntu you're using
In Konsole type:
How to find out the version of your Kernel
Newer Versions of Kubuntu
- Kubuntu has a six month release cycle, with releases in April and October.
- Oneiric Ocelot (11.10), scheduled for release in October 2011. This will not be an LTS version.
Older Versions of Kubuntu
- Maverick Meerkat (10.10) (supported until April 2012)
- Lucid Lynx (10.04) (Long Term Support version with desktop support until April 2013 and server support until April 2015)
- Karmic Koala (9.10) (no longer supported)
- Hardy Heron (8.04 LTS) (Long Term Support Version with server support until April 2013; desktop no longer supported)
- Dapper Drake (6.06 LTS) (Long Term Support version with server support until June 2011; desktop version no longer supported)
- See this complete list of older and newer versions.