How to determine which version of Ubuntu you're using
In the command-line Terminal type:
How to find out the version of your Kernel
Newer Versions of Ubuntu
- Ubuntu has a six month release cycle, with releases in April and October.
- Saucy Salamander (13.10) (Rolling release support, due to be released October 17, 2013)
Older Versions of Ubuntu
- Quantal Quetzal (12.10) (Desktop and Server support until April 2014)
- Precise Pangolin (12.04 LTS) (Long Term Support version supported until April 2017)
- Oneiric Ocelot (11.10) (no longer supported)
- Lucid Lynx (10.04 LTS) (Server support (only) until April 2015)
- See this complete list of older and newer versions.