Ubuntu 11.10 (Oneiric Ocelot)
- Also see info about the most recent LTS version, Precise Pangolin (12.04 LTS).
- On October 14, 2011, Ubuntu 11.10 was released.
- It is codenamed Oneiric Ocelot and is the successor to Natty Narwhal 11.04 (Natty+1).
- Oneiric Ocelot is not an LTS (Long Term Support) release and is no longer supported with security updates (as of April 2013). It is recommended to upgrade to the current version of Ubuntu.
Public Service Announcement
- Support Earth Day all year long and do your part to reduce energy consumption (and CO2 emissions) and help reduce the rate of global warming. Support organisations that work to limit world overpopulation. Consider a low-power computer, such as those from Aleutia or Fit-PC. Maybe browse a news website dedicated to energy efficiency, such as Enviroental Leader...
... and plant some trees.